Future of Sport
Listening and note taking
How do you imagine the world of sport will
change over the next 50 years? Consider these areas:
- new sports
- income and status of sports stars
- existing athletics records
Listen to the following extract and make brief notes
of Mary Fitzroy's answers to the above questions.
Listen to the extract again and complete the notes for question 1-9.
Before you do this, try and predict what kinds of words
might be missing from each gap.
FUTURE OF SPORT
- Main reason why Cup Final is a 'great' event:
Location of majority of population in 2050:
- Games that will continue:
and five-a-side football
- Games that will decline: cricket and
- New sports: Bar Fly Flying, Bungee Running and
- Sport of the poor:
- Situation of sports stars: more pay,
1936 world record for 100 metres:
- Unattainable world record for 100 metres
Play guess the port.
Student A thinks of a sport.
The other student(s) have to try and find out
what sport it is in the fewest number of questions.
The questions must be answerable by Yes or No.
Student A: OK, ready.
Student B: Do you play this sport in teams?
Student A: Yes.
Student C: Does it help to be tall to play this sport?
Student A: No.
@username - Your comments please
Log in to make comments
Add to page list ?