Why not join a language club?
- Mention Verb
To speak about something casually or quickly without giving too much detail.
"I'll mention your plan in the next meeting.
To refer to something.
"I promise that I won't mention that again."
- Mention Noun
The festival didn't even get a mention in the newspaper.
- Don't mention it.
said to be polite after someone has thanked you
"Thanks for your help." "Don't mention it."
- not to mention.
used when you want to emphasize something that you are adding to a list
He's one of the kindest and most intelligent, not to mention handsome, man I know.
Did, I mention that I've just joined a language club?
It's a great way of learning English, not to mention
meeting lots of new friends.
This club is a really great idea and I'm sure that it will
get a mention in the local newspaper.
Complete the fill-in-the-blanks with these words. You may use them more than
1. "not to mention"
- Troy's irregular sleep pattern didn't help his health,
____________ his high blood pressure and stress levels.
- Having many friends in the soccer team really helped boost his confidence,
____________ his performance.
- If you ____________ do these exercises, your capacity to
work will increase, not to mention
- If you lack consistency in your actions and words,
you'll soon find yourself losing people's trust,
not to mention
- Why is practice important in learning a language?
- How is making an effort to be in a setting where
practicing a secondary language would be enforced encouraged?
- Were you ever forced to leave or join a group?
- How would a group / public commitment force someone to fulfill their promises?
|JD : That was a great lesson.
I find this club especially useful in learning Japanese.|
|Josh : I know. I finally understand the different verb
tenses, not to mention I've made a lot of new friends.
Do you want to get together and practice working on
sentence structure together?
That sounds great. How about tomorrow after work we
meet for a drink and then go over what we learned tonight?
Okay. Also, we could try only talking in Japanese. If we ...
@username - Your comments please
Log in to make comments