Incorrect Noun phrases
1 Types of Noun Phrase
Check the incorrect sentences
Four of the following sentences are incorrect.
Find the mistakes and correct them. If the sentence is correct,
write "correct" into the gap.
- The hair of Susan needs cutting.
- Could I have a spoonful of sugar in my coffee?
- There is an excellent shoes shop in the high street.
shoe shop (Singular)
- There was a very good documentary about Indian tigers on TV last night.
- We need an 18-years old girl to play this part.
Adjectives of measurement use
the singular form
- Tom was involved in a minor car's accident at the weekend.
a car accident.
- Police divers searched along the river bed
but they couldn't find the missing knife.
Watch Out! containers
What's the difference between these phrases in italics:
We need another wine glass for the table.
Can I get you another glass of wine?
@username - Your comments please
Log in to make comments
Page Not Listed
Add page to 's study
Leon link to chat