Check this lesson on you tube
Copy the word or phrase into the gap
that best completes each sentence.
- Her boyfriend has an impressive
_________ of German.
- My niece claims to be a(n)
- I'm a
_________ supporter of proportional representation.
A) confirmed B) strict C) practising D) staunch
- I know Thessaloniki like the back of my
A) hand B) head C) book D) wardrobe
- I've read that report so many times I feel I know it
A) forwards B) backwards C) sideways D) upside down
- I think we've kept everybody in the
about the arrangements for far too long.
A) gloom B) dusk C) dark D) night
To my _________ ,
winter is a daft time to go on holiday.
A) opinion B) belief C) view D) mind
This class seems to have only a
knowledge of what they are supposed to achieve.
A) smattering B) rudimentary C) comprehensive D) faded
Actually, I'm starting to
_________ the hang of this game.
A) get B) achieve C) obtain D) keep
Carolyn is not really well
_________ with office procedures.
A) dressed B) versed C) acquainted D) done
To my _________ knowledge, he has no previous convictions.
A) certain B) absolute C) complete D) definite
I really think there is no _________ of her continuing to work here.
A doubt B question C uncertainty D response
I have every _________ in your ability to succeed.
A confidence B trust C belief D persuasion
The weaker side managed to _________ over the league champions.
A compete B cheat C prevail D culminate
Everybody was _________ about the latest production the at National Theatre.
A revelling B triumphing C delighting D raving
I really can't believe that anyone here would
_________ in such shady dealings.
A dabble B stoop C reach D conceive
The current team are of a remarkably high
despite injury problems.
A shape B standard C spirit D terrn
The government was forced to introduce _________ on the sale of such controversial videos.
A preventions B provisions C safeguards D curbs
- I think everyone should be
_________ with the way office machinery works.
A conversant B mindful C answerable D attuned
Your participation is _________ of the way we seek to involve everybody in our plans.
A dependent B indicative C desirous D integral
Fill each the of blanks with a suitable word
- What _________ doing with yourself over the last couple of days?
- I _________ to fix the engine all morning, but finally managed it just before midnight.
- Next summer, I _________ living here for ten years.
- He claimed _________ meaning to tell me about it but just forgot.
- I was _________ asking her if she'd like to come to the pub with us tonight.
Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it is as similar
in meaning as possible to the sentence printed before it.
- Most of us became salesmen when we left university.
Most of us have _________
- Our current manager started working here ten years ago.
Our current manager has _________
- I haven't heard from Sarah for a couple of months.
The last _________
- I used to find computers difficult before I started taking these lessons.
- Michael Owen is the best player I've seen so far in
I've yet _________
Fill each the of blanks with a suitable word or phrase
EXAMPLE: _______ ! We're going to hit the car in front!
ANSWER: Look out! We're going to hit the car in front!
(Sometimes there may be other possible correct answers. Just make a good correct sentence)
- By December, he'll _________ working there for eighteen months.
- At this rate, we're _________ be exhausted by the time we finish this competition.
- The minute the train _________ standstill, get on and try to find a seat.
Fill each the of blanks with a suitable word or phrase.
EXAMPLE: AS soon as he saw what had
happened, he switched off the electricity.
- They claim to be virtually _________ on achieving everything they out set to do.
- We were just about _________ the house when Sue
- When I started working for this company, I _________ an architect six for years.
- She'd _________ studying marine biology but she finally decided on geography.
- They _________ on the road for mere a five minutes when they had a puncture.
- It's almost half past I nine: would think they
_________ got there by now.
- My intention _________ is finished my studies by June.
@username - Your comments please
Log in to make comments