Ask people in the street these questions.
Be polite. Introduce yourself by saying
"Excuse me, we are students from Italy and we have come to learn English.
Would you mind if we ask you a few questions?"
Take turns to ask the questions.
Try to respond to the answers you are given.
Don't spend too much time with one person.
Be polite and say thankyou, then move on to another person for more questions.
Student: Do you live close to Canterbury?
Person in the street: No, I have come from Europe.
Student: Where are you from? .....
After the questions say "Thank you so much for your time. Good bye."
- What are you doing in Canterbury today?
- Do you come from Canterbury?
- Do you live close to Canterbury?
- What do you think of the shops in Canterbury?
- Do you think that public transport is good in Canterbury?
- How important is the cathederal these days?
- Do you know you the Archbishop of Canterbury's name?
- What do you think of foreign visitors to Canterbury?
- What's the best thing about Canterbury?
- What do you know about Italy?
- If money were no object, where would you choose to go for your holiday?
- Could you please ask me a question about Italy?