Website by Ibiscuits
Article practice - (E)
Complete the gaps with 'a', 'an', 'the' or 'X' (no article)
The Definite and Indefinite Article
Put in the definite or indefinite article where necessary.
- She is very good at drawing
____________ animal whose neck is very long is called
a [called a giraffe / is the/a giraffe]
- If you play
ball with us, we'll play
____________ ball with you.
- We should prefer to go by
[by car / in the car]
- She was taken away by
- Strong young
____________ girls do not easily faint.
- The boat was rowed by
(a / the )
____________ boy who jumped into the water crying that he was going to save me.
- In some states of the U.S.A.
[ boys and girls / the boys and girls ]
____________ boys and
____________ girls are allowed to drive a car
at the age of sixteen.
- Who is
____________ boy (who is) standing near the window?
- He congratulated him before all the
- This is the
book I have been speaking of all the time.
- When I was a
child, I used to read out of ......book of fairy tales I had
been given for my birthday.
- She was the
daughter of a
leading New England Presbyterian minister and
wife of (the / a)
professor of theology.
- Among them there was
mother with her two children.
- Surely a
mother can be trusted to look after her own child.
- When focused to a sharp point at very close range, the laser can vapourise
any substance on
- For a long time the Chinese have been, as they are now, among the poorest
- The computer is just as valuable as
man using it.
____________ man must eat to live.
men were more reasonable, there would be no more war.
- Were I only given
(the / a )
- Is there a
chance that machines may learn more than
- People who like to be more fully informed get their bulletin-type news from
radio, and their in depth news from newspapers.
- His body felt leaden and slow,
as if he were trying to raise himself out of deep
computer doesn't compare with
human brain in handling data that hasn't
- I was at a loss for
( an / the )
What do you think?
Log in to make comments