Article practice - (J)
Complete the gaps with 'a', 'an', 'the' or 'X' (no article)
Add the definite or indefinite article
to the following names of months, week-days,
holidays where necessary.
- We are going to Italy next
- Ken wants to know how often Susan and John went to
summer of 1987 was very hot.
- Thousands of holiday-makers visit the Highlands in
summer, hoping for good luck
with the weather.
- Scotland is not particularly cold,
and the west is in _________
winter one of the mildest parts of Britain.
- He's not coming back all _________
- Mrs Taft lives in Florida during
- The tramp who came on
April 1st was a friendly man.
- No more school till
- What's he going to do about
- He'll stay all _________
- He remembered having seen the man
- He as been writing all
- Tomorrow the wind will change
and there will be rain in
- Hurricanes afflict the south-east particularly
- In _________
autumn of 1621 the settlers celebrated their first year in America
with a Thanksgiving Day.
- Tennis in
summer, skiing in
winter will keep you lithe.
- The last time Adam was seen by anybody is
February fifteenth, when he
got off the boat in Calais, coming from Dover.
- The only one of his friends he felt like telling about his European trip was Susan,
and he went to see her on
Thursday before he sailed.
- I don't think there'll be any trouble
Christmas Day off.
- I saw he had possibly slept all
night in the chilly room he didn't know.
- On _________
evening of her coronation day, June 2, 1953, Queen Elizabeth II made
her first broadcast for her people.
- The plane stops twice during
night to refuel and to pick up more passengers,
and at six o'clock
next morning we are circling over a great port, ready to land
- The Highland tradition is seen at its colourful best in the clan gathering which take
autumn in Scotland.
- The house was well built and usually
so oriented to the sun that he could keep it
reasonably cool in
summer and make it reasonably warm in
- Her fury at his apparently having been with
winter was water under
April can't be trusted.
- In the dim, grey light of early
morning he woke up with a strange feeling.
What do you think?
Log in to make comments