Article practice - (K)
Complete the gaps with 'a', 'an', 'the' or 'X' (no article)
Add the definite article or the corresponding possessive pronoun to the following
articles of clothing or parts of the body.
- Look me in _________
- Caroline pushed past me and put
arm round the girl.
- He crossed the road by the zebra-crossing and caught her by
- Take her by
- I rose to
feet, bowed and left the room.
- Don't pick stamps up with
- Try to pull _________
right leg out.
- He was struck on _________
head from behind.
- Little children can't put on _________
shoes. So their parents must help them.
- She looked him straight in _________
face, then walked quickly on as though she had not seen him.
- Bob swung with his fist at Philip and caught him on
- Struck in _________
eye by a Norman arrow, King Harold lay dead on the battlefield.
- Britain is a parliamentary democracy with the Queen at
- He took
shoes off so he could put
feet up on the sofa, lay back on a pillow,
and continued reading Steven's letter.
- He ran _________
eye over the text.
- She refuses to listen when I say
that Mr Stevens died of a disease of
worse by the habit of overdrinking strong spirits.
- She shrank back, clapping
mouth, feeling that she was going to be sick.
- He was sweating so heavily,
he took off _________
jacket so as not to soil it.
- He pushed open the door,
and a hideous cheesy smell of sour beer hit him
- They have winter staring them in
What do you think?
Log in to make comments