Witch - Pronounce 'W'.
How to pronounce 'W' in English. Eg: 'Warm washing water'
Click the pictures to listen to words.
Click the native speaker flags to listen to sentences from native speakers.
How to make this sound
Open your mouth slightly with lips forward as for the
vowel sound. Start voicing the sound as you drop your botom jaw and relax your lips.
Some speakers often confuse
The difference is this:
Starts without any contact between
the top and bottom of the mouth (Like a vowel)
starts with the top teeth touching the bottom lip.
Click a 'native' speaker's flag for examples
- One whale swam towards the tower.
- One woman was swimming quickly between the waves.
- What time is our wedding?
- We wanted water when we won the race.
- Which wood would we require for Wednesday?
- We were rowing quickly away from the waves.
- I will lower William's wheels while I watch you .
- Beware of windy waterfall when the water is flowing quickly.
- We don't know whether the weather will be windy or wet.
- Whirling pools of water will wet Wendy's wafers.
- Where were you during the war?
weather, away, twin, wheel,
however, twice, why, toward, when, away,
twin, allowance, Edward, whale, weapon, between,
water, bowing, winner, beware, west, cobweb, twenty, want,
without the letter 'W'
one, quiet, quaint, quick.
Some more practice
- We went to work.
- Where were you yesterday.
- Why were you worried.
- Wednesday was wet.
- When Wales won the world cup.
- The World wide web.
- Whatever the weather.
- play at Wimbledon once a year.
- Which wristwatch is a Swiss wristwatch?