How to pronounce 'tourist' in English
Not such a common sound in English.
Can you say "European tourists" ?
Click to listen to these words.
This sound is a dipthong made by quickly saying
Sometimes native people use
instead but in some words this merging can cause difficulties
for the listener, who may not know which word is being said.
Eg. Moor with
the same as 'more'
tourist, valuable, jurist, purest, Moore, poor (Scotland),
adjure, tournament, boor, Mature, futurity, Ruhr, spoor, purist,
practice - Click a native's flag for sound
The tour de France is the toughest bike race to pronounce.
- The jurist pursuaded the others in the jury that the defendant was guilty.
- Only the purest honey is used to oil my saxophone.
- A bird in the hand is more valuable than two birds cured of chickenpox.
- The moore is cooler at night.
- The mature wine tastes like pure nectare.
- The purists will not endure any changes
- The jewellery was stolen before I arrived.
- valuable pure diamonds
- Cruel fuel price rises.