The vowel sound of 'CLOCK'.
Lock the box
Some visible nouns with this sound.
Click the pictures and listen
Words with this sound
trough, knowledge, pot, botch, sorry, hot, cost,
stop, dog, cotton, pot, golf, bottom, wrong, octopus, spot,
orange, on, lost, off, lock, rock, lot, sock
How to make this sound
This is a short vowel. The mouth is held quite rounded and the lips are relaxed.
The tongue tip is pulled back about one third away from
the front teeth and raised up. The rest of the tongue is flat and the voice is
Makes constant blots and spots.
As she ought, of course
She feels awful remorse
But she'll obviously make blots till she rots.
practice - Click a native's flag to hear the sentences
- He lost the lock at the bottom of the pond
- John wanted to stop when he got too hot.
- How much does the clock in the box cost?
- The orange sign was on the wrong office door.
- Oliver dropped the hot cooking pot.
- She tossed the rock into the pond.
- The drain on top of the roof was blocked.
- The clock was not working long.
- Cotton socks from the top shop.
- He bought a hotdog from the pet shop!
What do you think?
Log in to make comments