Foundation Maths… New content summary
There follows a brief summary of new topics
that will now be included in the reformed GCSE 2015.
- Use of pi and surds
both of these forms of notation will expected
as an alternative way to express correct answers.
- Reverse percentages
- Factorising quadratics
- methods including difference of two squares.
- Basic trigonometry
- right angle problems
- angles of depression and elevation.
- Circle properties (not theorems)
- length of arcs, areas of sectors and in terms of a multiple of pi.
- notation, sum and difference of vectors, scalars and resultants.
- Venn and tree diagrams
- Standard form
- Compound interest
- Simultaneous equations
- Direct and inverse proportion
- Fractional SF transformations
- Conditional probabilities
- Frequency trees
- Recall exact values of trig values for sin/cos 0, 30, 45, 60, 90
- Recall tan exact values for 0, 30, 45, 60
Maths KS3 Work Bitesize
Pages we have done from BBC bitesize
- Similar triangles
( Exactly the same shape but not necessarily the same size )
- 1 dp = To one decimal place. ( Rounding up ? )
It states that the square of the hypotenuse
(the side opposite the right angle)
is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides.