If 3 minibuses can carry 51 students, how many students can 5 minibuses carry?
If 17 textbooks cost £150.45,
how much will 28 cost?
If it takes 4 people 28 hours to complete a task,
how long would it take just one person?
A person earns £6.20 an hour. How much do they earn for 151/2 hours work?
Wool from 8 sheep is needed to make a scarf.
How many are needed to make 12 scarves?
On a map, 2 cm represents 3 km.
- If two towns are 14 km apart, what is the distance between them on the map?
- If two road junctions are 20.3 cm apart on the map, what is their real distance apart?
A herd of 7 cows produces 161 litres of milk a day.
Find the smallest number of cows
it would take to produce at least 1000 litres per day.
The number of people who have their hearing damaged at a
concert is proportional to how loud the music is.
480 people have their hearing damaged when the volume is set at '6'.
How many people suffer hearing damage when:
- the volume is set at '4'?
- the volume is set at '7'? Q
- the volume is turned up to '11'?
A scientist proposes that rainfall is proportional to latitude.
It rains an average of 53.1 cm a year in Milton Keynes, which is at latitude 52.0° N.
If the scientist is correct,
what is the average rainfall in:
- Ulverston — latitude 54.2° N?
Boscastle — latitude 50.4° N?
If average daytime temperature in July is inversely proportional to latitude and it's 21.0 °C in Boscastle,
what will the average daytime temperature in July be in:
The speed of light is inversely proportional to the 'refractive index'
of the material it's travelling through.
The speed of light in water is 225 000 km/s.
Water has a refractive index of 1.33.
What is the speed of light in:
- Glass which has a refractive index of 1.50?
- Diamond which has a refractive index of 2.42?
- A vacuum which has a refractive index of 1.00?
What do you think?
Log in to make comments