Regarding the unlock, this link should provide the required steps:
123 archive UNLOCK
In brief you do the following:
- Unlock the domain.
- Make sure the admin contact on the WHOIS (https://whois.icann.org/en) for the domain is an e-mail address you can check.
- Make sure any domain privacy is off (or the transfer e-mail will go to the privacy e-mail address).
- Get your authorisation code from your registrar (https://www.123-reg.co.uk/support/answers/how-do-i-obtain-the-authorisationepp-code-for-my-domain-name-293/)
- Order a transfer.
- You will receive an e-mail to your admin contact e-mail address with a link. Click the link and enter the authorisation code.
- After 14 days, the domain will be in your account.
Hope this helps.