Exercise 21.1Copy and paste a sentence ending into each gap so that the sentence is correct. Example: 0 + i =>
0) After I'd finished teaching earlier that morning
- He told me that _______
- I asked him ______
- He explained how a young man ______
- John had immediately assumed ______
- So, before the young man had had a chance to say anything ______
- John, who was in a terrible hurry, then left the man to it, ______
- It wasn't until he returned ten minutes later ______
- He was actually a school inspector ______
- and had come to ensure that the school was run efficiently.
- he had made a terrible mistake.
- that he wanted to enrol as a student.
- had come to reception.
- that the man was able to explain there had been a misunderstanding.
- what had happened.
- John had given him an application form.
- wondering why he looked so puzzled.
- I found John standing outside my classroom.