Combine the sentences to make one new sentence,
including a defining relative clause.
Make any necessary changes, and omit the relative pronoun if possible.
- The bus goes up Edward Avenue. It doesn't stop at the railway station.
- The debate went on all night. The backbenchers had demanded it.
- The escaped convicts stashed away the gold bars. They had stolen the gold in an earlier bank raid.
- It was her dream cottage! She had always wanted one like that.
- They booked into the hotel. They stayed there on their honeymoon.
- The bodyguards were flanking the King. They had revolvers concealed inside their jackets.
- It wasn't their dog. No, I was taking care of their cat.
- The tree had died. They cut it down.
- That's the cruise. I've always wanted to go on that one.
- I think it was the manager. I was speaking to him.