Formal and informal ways to communicate a common idea or feeling.
Grin and bear it.
Keep a stiff upper lip.
Tolerate your situation without complaining
put up with your situation without complaining
I can not put up with the heat in my office any longer, so I will buy a fan to keep cool.
- I think not.
- I don't think so.
- If anything .....
- I'm afraid that's not acceptable to us.
- I'm afraid we can't agree with you there.
- Can I just pick you up on a point you made earlier.
- I understand where you're coming from / your position, but
- We're prepared to compromise, but
- If you look at it from our point of view,
- As we see it
- That's not exactly as we see it.
- Not really.
- Is that your best offer?
- With (all due) respect, I .....