Formal and informal ways to introduce yourself and introduce others
Choose one or two sentences that you can use in your own conversations.
- How do you do. (Formal and becoming rather old-fashioned)
- How are you? (Not appropriate when meeting total strangers for the first time)
- Could I introduce you to a colleague of mine?
- I'd like to introduce you to a colleague of mine?
Finishing a talk
- It's been a pleasure talking to you. (formal)
- Enjoy your stay
- Well, I think that's all for now. (informal)
- I think that just about wraps up everything I wanted to say about it.