Company Slogans and puns.
It's 'as to be ASDA.
What kind of Business ?
Consider the childrens' riddle: "What's black and white, but read all over? Answer= A newspaper.
Does this confirm or disprove Walter Redferns quote?
For each slogan explain any puns, double meanings or other techniques that have been used.
|Thomas Cook (Holiday Company)||Don't just book it. Thomas Cook it|
|Orange (Telecoms)||The future is bright with orange|
Orange the company and orange the colour.
|GoDaddy (Web Hosting)||The web is your domain|
'domain' generally and 'domain' as a specific web term.
|Spitfire (Shepherd Neame beer)||The bottle of Britain|
|Euroline transport||Straight to the point|
|Cambridge Dictionaries||The first and last word|
To have the last word.
|Saatchi and Saatchi.||Labour is not working (Dole queue)|
|Kit Kat||Have a break, have a kit-kat.|
|Moss Security||Alarmed? You should be.|
|Wyborowa Vodka||Enjoyed for centuries straight.|
straight consecutive / straight without mixer
|pioneer||Everything you hear is true|
true = correct / true = an accurate reproduction
|The Economist||For top laps|
lap tops / top laps?
|Range Rover||It's how the smooth take the rough|
|Holiday Inn||pleasing people the world over|
|Casio||precisely what you're looking for|
what's the difference between 'precisely' and 'exactly' ?
|Weight Watchers Frozen Meals:||Taste. Not
waste / waist (low calories!)
|Northern Telecom||Technology the world calls on|
|Zanussi||The appliance of science.|
|Lea & perrins||The Worcester Saucere|
|Bendix Appliances||We'll do the homework|
|Flowers Fine Ales||Always pick Flowers|
|Finish Detergent||Brilliant cleaning starts with Finish|
|British Steel||British Steel: British mettle.|
|First National Bank of Chicago||First relationships last|
|Kenco Really Rich Coffee||Get Rich quick|
|St. Ivel Shape Yogurt||Get your family into Shape, without them even noticing|
|Kodak Gold||Is your film as good as Gold?|
|Asda||It 'asda be Asda (It has to be Asda)|
|HMV||No HMV, no video|
|Ritz Crackers||Nothing fitz like a Ritz|
|John Deere Tractors||Nothing runs like a Deere|
deer / Deere / dear
|Mumm's Champagne||One word captures the moment. Mumm's the word.|
|Money Magazine||Reap the rewards of Money|
|Red Star||Send your parcels Red Star and pull out all the stops (Red Star uses the rail network)|
|Tetley Tea||Tetley make teabags make tea|
|Tic Tac Candy||Tic Tac. Surely the best tactic.|
|Impulse Deodorant||You just can't help acting on Impulse.|
Slogans and company names with puns.
- Grate expectations _____Fire Places in Bath, Avon
- Tacks Haven _____Hardware (Not Computer but household)
- The last drop Inn _____Beer
- A cut above _____Hairdresser
- The Cod Father _____Fish and Chips
- Code Almighty _____Fish and Chips
- Crehairtive _____ Hairdresser
- Blade Runner _____ Yet another hairdresser. (They've got it made when it comes to slogans.)
- With Ewe in Mind _____
- What Ales You _____Beer (Pub)
- The Mane Concern _____
- The Old Spokes Home _____Bicycle repairs
- Sew'in' Love _____
- The permanent Solution _____Hair
- Full of Beans - Coffee shop
- Curl up and Dye - hairdressers
- Seymour Clearly - Mr Seymour's Opticians (Eye eye)
- Jack the Stripper - decorators
- Mr Bishop _____ Bishop's move (House removals)
- Mr Green _____ Mr Green has beans (Greengrocer)