englishtap.com Content Search Help
Types of SearchKeywords are assigned to pages for better search results. Keywords are not random words found in pages.
- /search/content/COMMA SEP KEYWORDS
This returns all pages matching any of the keywords
- /search/results/COMMA SEP KEYWORDS
This only returns pages that match every keyword. This kind of match is better for finding one particular page. Course syllabuses focus on a small number of very specific pages that have been assigned precise keywords.
The Search process
- At the top of most pages, there is a search button like this
Click it to open up the search form.
- Check the radio button to chose what you are searching. Content, including blogs or data.
- Enter some search words. Just keywords separated by spaces.
- Click the SEARCH submit button on the search form.
- The keywords you entered will now be submitted to /search/site, which will do the actual searching and returning of search results.
The words , which were separated by spaces, are now separated by "-", to make them URL friendly before they are passed into the search page /search/site
HTML Markup Classes
Syllabus links to match all keywords can use the view keyword-link-loader
- Match Any Markup with class = "match-any" to return results that match any of the words.
- Match All Markup class="match-all" to return results or single result that matches every keyword.
See code help for the HTML makings a content search.
All of these should have their HREF set by JS biscuits-dictinary.jsTest and check out these: More Search Examples