Login, signup and autologin
Auto Login help
Login by Phone
Multiple Accounts - Staff Only
How it works
This link is also used to process the submitted username & password combination. Refer to the view controller /biscuits/biscuits-20k/controllers/member.php function login()The view file form-member-login.php submits back to itself with the posted values you entered.
The Process of Signup and creating a username
An email has been sent to Click the link on the email that you received to confirm your email address and start using your new login.When you reply to the email, your username will be confirmed. A token code will be included in the link to click on in your email, this token code identifies you until you have responded by clicking this link in your email. (If you can't click it, simply copy it into the browser address bar.
- view form-member-login.php
- JS js/biscuits-login.js function autoLogin()
- Controller /member/signup
- js formOb.validateForm(this) Check for a captcha to do
- Controller /member/check-new-signup
To check the signup form submission
- New biscuitsDB function doMethod()
Testing the Email AuthenticationTo complete these tests you will need access to the server MySQL database. To create a new account, follow these steps:
sign up form and submit
, remember to pass the captcha test before you can submit the form.
Also take note of the password that you chose.
- Signup Complete Page You will be shown a page saying that an email has been sent to you. Open the email:
With the email open, go to the SQL control panel and find the new user there.
You signed up to English Tap Username : fred All you need now is to click on this link to confirm your email address http://thedomain/member/confirm/d65fc9a47a9e0bd88f33f668aa8e1907
SELECT id ,username ,confirmed, email ,server_token FROM userTable WHERE username = "myNewUsername"
If you can not select this user in the SQL datbase, LOGIN SOFTWARE FAILURE - No user created on the Database
If you can see this user row listed, check that the row has :
- There should be a token string in the column that exactly matches the last part of the link sent in the email
- An encrypted password (You might be able to determine what this should be by using a password with an already known encrypted value.
- The value of confirmed should be 0
Attempt to login without replying to the confirmation email
Before clicking on the email to confirm this new user. Try to login without confirming
- We should be refused login with a message saying that we still have not confirmed our membership /member/failed-login
Click the email link to confirm your membership
You should then become a confirmed member, although right
at that moment you will still not be logged in as that new user.
You will be a guest and will see:
Confirmation of your membership
Your membership has been confirmed.
Your username is guest
SELECT the user again and check that
the value of confirmed changing to 1
- If confirmed = 0 , Confirmation has failed in /member/confirm The confirmation is done by the method memberDB->setConfirmed($token)
- if the user has been confirmed and the server_token removed, try to login with this username and password.
- SELECT the user again and check that the value of confirmed changing to 1
Retrieving a forgotten password
The function sends an email if there is no token in the URL or processes the received email with a token in the URL.