Choose a suitable preposition
Paranormal activitiesGhostly folklore has always played a role ___ British history. Buildings ranging from Hampton Court - where the ghost of Catherine Howard has allegedly been seen running ___ room to room, pursued by guards, as she did before her execution - to the Bank of England are believed to be haunted. But lately, ghost tours have turned ___ serious enterprise, ___ a handful of companies charging as much as £200 ___ paranormal adventures. "The British have always loved a really good ghost story - look at Dickens and M. R. James," says Fright Night's founder, Martin Jeffrey. "This takes it one step further. Some people have attended our events 60 or 70 times. A good number of visitors take all this quite seriously, though foreign tourists tend to be less earnest. Hunts typically start ___ the early evening and last until dawn, and most ban alcohol.
In most lines of the following text, there is either a spelling or a punctuation error.
How equal are women, really?
- On the face of it, women in Britain have not done too badly over the passed
- thirty years. There has been a woman prime Minister a woman has gone into
- space, and women are ordained as priests. They have won the right to equal
- pay with men for the same work inspite of the fact that they still earn only
- 80% of their male colleague 's salaries. They have even become professionals
- in what have always been considered male sports, like football. But can it
- really be said that equality of the sexes is fact rather than wishful thinking. The
- trouble begins at school, though equality shouldn't be an issue in education
- since, ac ording to the Department of Education's statistics, they do better than
- boys in exams at all levels. Nevertheless, they are at an immediate
- disadvantage as soon as they apply for jobs and go out to work. Teachers
- believe it s vital to overcome this by encouraging them to study subjects like
- physics, which have been almost exclusively a male preserve. A peice of
- research recently carried out at Reading university may explain why boys
- succeed, weather or not they have better academic qualifications. It shows that
- they are willing to call out answers in class and risk making mistakes, whereas
- girls feel self conscious. This capacity to take the lead is why boys tend to
- make a better impres ion at an interview for a business career, though they may
- not always proove to be the best choice thereafter.